Monday, December 12, 2011

A reveal of the Sony Walkman E450

Just after Christmas Sony was kind enough to send me a Sony Walkman E450 to try out for a few days. When it came my daughter was most upset that it was the blue version and not the pink one she had seen online. I reminded her it could be worse as they could have sent one of the other colours (red, green, black), and that it didn't positively matter what colour as they all work the same!

I set about connecting it up to my Sony Vaio laptop and was slightly confused when it told me that I had disrupted it's connection when I hadn't been near it (nobody had) and was already writing up a negative recapitulate in my head when I thought, sod it, I'll just start using it. I unplugged it and started listening to some of the tracks that were on the E450. There was nothing I recognised, but I loved that I could convert the pitch of the music and started development use of the Karaoke function after listening to the songs for a bit. I don't positively understand how it does it, but the E450 changes the audio settings so that the vocals are quieter and the backing track at a general level meaning that Personal Karaoke is a lot of fun.

Songs Justin Bieber

The only downside on this Karaoke function is that I currently spend a lot of time telling my daughter that when she is listening to music straight through her headphones that we don't positively want to hear her singing along with it (especially when it is Justin Bieber or Hannah Montana!)

My husband let me know that it played Mp3, Wma and Wav files, but as he is the one regularly in fee of putting tunes on to the discrete devices in our house that didn't mean a lot to me. He also said that if I wished I could put lyrics on in .lrc format, but I wouldn't know where to even look for those.

My daughter has an iPod Nano and the layout of the Sony E450 was pretty similar, so we were both able to work out what we needed to do/what menu's to open to do what we wanted. In other words it was very easy to navigate and didn't confuse me (which is positively done). They were about the same size and weight, but I did feel that I was going to lose the Sony E450 down the back of the sofa as it kept slipping out of my pocket, something my iPod touch doesn't do in general because of its size!

The Sony Walkman E450 has a nice minuscule 2-inch screen, (204x320 pixels) on which if you wanted you can watch video (it supports H.264/Avc, Wmv and Mpeg-4) but to be honest I don't think anyone has the eyesight to watch videos on the screen for a long amount of time.

I did find the Fm radio tuner and voice recorder quite useful, and I also found the alarm clock quite useful for development sure that I got to school on time for the daily school run.

Overall I did like the Sony E450 and if I were in the market for a transfer music expedient for my 7 year old daughter this would assuredly be on the short list. A quick search found the E453 (4Gb) for sale at colse to £50, the E454 (8Gb) for colse to £70 and E455 (16Gb) for colse to £90 (but they were all from shop I had never heard of before!) and I think that it's positively quite good value.

A reveal of the Sony Walkman E450

0 comments:

Post a Comment